Thursday, February 26, 2009

Changes

Well, in the last month several things have changed. Initially, I haven't hardly played. With the exception of the last week, I had only played a couple of sessions. I did pretty well in 3 person tourneys, winning 3/4 of them that I played and pushing my bankroll back up over $200. I've been playing more this week, but I'll get to that in a minute.

Matt had starting playing his Stars account again and ran it up to well over $100 so he asked me to stop playing it, and of course I'm still broke on Full Tilt as I haven't fired up that site in ages.

The biggest change has to be my game strategy. I'm not trying to inch toward $10,000 now, I'm just trying to make some money. I would love to hit $10,000, but with an impending wedding and towering debt facing us down if I run this up to $1000 I'm chopping out $200 and plugging away with the remaining $800. I've decided to chop 20% per thousand, so at $2000 I would take another $400, at $3000 I would take $600 and so on. I AM going to keep some of my new found discipline in that I'm going to keep my games as small as I can, but I'll be playing mostly cash games and HU matches. For now it will be $.10/$.25 NLHE ($20 max buyin) and $5 HU matches. In the cash games, if I dump a buyin I'm going to take a minimum of an hour break from that table or simply quit for the day. If I get up $10+, I'm just going to book the win and quit.

I had to quit last night when I just got pounded by awful luck. In two hands I dropped KK to AA AIPF and 99 to KJdd AIPF. I was the one that pushed with the KK because the guy was somebody that I had played before and he simply didn't play it like AA. At this level, it's probably not profitable to lay down KK preflop for anything that isn't incredibly obvious. The 99 was a decent call but I should've probably taken a flop and seen how it played out. Since that wasn't possible, I should've just pitched it. I did get nearly $10 back tonight, so I'm up overall but not quite where I was.

Bugsy's: $238.64

No comments: