Thursday, January 8, 2009

Quick Update

I've only played two sessions since my last post, and I'm in the middle of one right now. This won't be long since the National Championship is being decided right now between my fellow Big 12 brethren Oklahoma and Florida. It's not looking so good for Oklahoma because an interception literally just fell in some dude's hands in the beginning of the fourth quarter. In my other session I went 3/5 winning 3 person matches at Bugsy's for a decent little profit, along with a tiny little SnG profit, so I'm up a bit. I played really aggressively and was lucky in two key spots to get the juice boiling. I won a $10 but the rest were $5 matches so that helped out as well. Tonight I dumped both of the tourneys so far. In the $5 6-spot turbo in 5th. In consecutive hands I dropped K5hh to KJss AIPF in a battle of the blinds and then JJ to AA vs the same guy. It was one of those "Are you serious?" moments that happen in poker. In the $5 3-person match I had about a 10k lead over 2nd place when we got in with my KK vs JJ. The door car peeled a J but was all diamonds, giving me the flush draw, but of course I blanked. The next hand I shoved with A3o vs 89o and had the same story, flop 8 high with 3 clubs but I blanked on the flush draw and the over. Go skill! Hopefully I get in one more match tonight because I won't be able to play again until next week.

Bugsy's: $211.29
FTP: $.18
Stars: $33.06

No comments: