Monday, November 17, 2008

Bleh

So I lost an HU today in poor fashion. I was playing a guy that I've played several times before who mistakes retarded aggression with skill. I got down quickly because I just have to take flops and pick off big pots when I can. I was down to 4k because I got overly aggressive with 3rd pair and ended up folding. Then I doubled when I flopped trips and got him to shove into me with no pair, no draw. Back to 8k, I started to roll. I shifted gears nicely and started just hammering at pots; 3 shells every time I thought he missed. I quickly ran my lead up to 12k/8k when the sickness hit. My A4o vs his 46o on a flop of 235. Me down to 4k again. I built back up to 8k without having to risk all of my chips when the bust hand hit. My KK was no match for AThh AIPF. Go figure. My aggression was much better this time around but my luck was in the toilet.

I did get some time at a $.05/$.10 NLHE 6 handed ring game at FTP. I played at a table full of maniacs. I went up $1.10 after about 4 hands and strongly considered just bailing as every hand was a full on war that ended up going to whoever had 4th pair. We're talking sick loose that I love to see when I have a bankroll but hate when the $6 I bring to the table represents 25% of my roll. Being me I of course stayed and quickly found myself down to $4ish. Cursing my $3 swing and out for vengeance to the dude who caused it (my AKo vs T8o; T8 shoved into me on the KT4 flop and turned an 8), I stuck around. It paid off as about 15 minutes later I won a 3 person capped pot ($3 max bet per hand) with a flopped flush. I didn't win the full $9 as one person was short, but I took my $8.50 and bailed.

I likely won't be able to play tomorrow because Virginia and I are headed to a dinner party after work, but I will definitely sneak in a little bit o' poker on Wednesday.

Bugsy's: $300.83
FTP: $29.05

No comments: