Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Slight Limp

I'm pretty tired so this post won't be the best, but here goes. The last few days have been mostly "meh" with a couple of just flat out awful spots. The biggest thing going against me is that I can't come from behind at all. It started at FTP when I just got crushed at the $.05/$.10 games. I'd get in with big draws for the right odds and airball all of them. The low point is when I dropped an open-ended straight draw with 2 overs against an under pair. The board paired on the turn and I thought I was home. That's when I turned into a mason and bricked it up. This continued for the rest of Saturday and crushed my FTP roll so I'm back in the matrix tourneys. I did have an oddball tourney where I went 1st, 1st, 3rd, and 3rd and only got 2nd in the matrix. I've profited in all 3 that I've played since switching, although tonight turned on me. With 5 or fewer players on each table I was 1st, 1st, 1st, and 3rd in chips. I finished 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't win flips and dropped a couple of 3 outers and that's all she wrote. Not much else that I can do other than get people in dead to 3 cards. I wish the good streaks felt as long as the bad ones do. Aside from FTP, my Bugsy's has just ridden a steady decline due to the coldness of my cards. I can't really complain there if my bad run at Bugsy's has only cost me about 10% of my roll. I'm playing smaller than I could be so the losses aren't mounting up like they could be. Another couple of days of losses and I'll take a short break to examine my game for leaks. I'm in a $10 HU right now and I really just wish it would end one way or another so I could go to bed. The numbers below are absent of the outcome of the HU. Hope the flips are going your way out there.

Bugsy's: $262.64
FTP: $15.38

No comments: