Sunday, November 23, 2008

Rough Seas

Yesterday started out pretty well. I was up $5 on FTP and about even on Bugsy's when I took a break from my morning session. About 10pm, I logged another 2.5 hour session where I was down nearly $12 at FTP and $10 at Bugsy's. Nothing was going my way on either site. I made what was probably a bad call in a $10 HU at Bugsy's. I had Ac3d. The flop was 345 with 2 clubs. I bet and was called. The turn was the 2c, giving me the low end of the straight and the nut flush draw. The other guy overshoved and I didn't think at all before I called. He had the 6 and I blanked the river. I won the next HU match to get even, and I amazingly drug 2 monsterpottens to finish the day positive on FTP. I guess it should show me that the odds work themselves out. Instead it shows me that if you play like a retard and know when to leave you can make a killing.

Today is starting out terribly. I was hovering around $1 down when the following hand came up. I had A4hh and called a $.20 raise after I had already limped. I had position with the SB and BB being the other 2 in the hand. The flop rolled 6c 7h Th. SB checked, BB bet half pot, I called, SB folded. The turn peeled another 7 and the BB moved in for a little more than half pot. At this point I took stock of the situation and figured that he had a hand like AQ or AK, giving me all of the hearts, another pair for a split, and a 4 for the win. I called and he showed the nifty KJdd giving him only 4 outs. Of course the river spiked a the Kc and I dropped a big pot. 4 hands later I raised from the steal position with AQo. I got reraised out of the BB from the same clown and called it. The flop came Q high and he played me. He checked, I bet, he moved in and I called to see the sick KK. There went the rest of the 1st $6. Several hands later I had T8cc and limped on the steal position. The button raised pot and I called it to take a flop of Q58 with 2 spades. He bet pot and I called. The turn was the 3c and we both checked. I need to betting and raising on either one of these streets. Instead I let him hit the freebie K on the river to give his KJ the win. I'm definitely not bringing my A game right now. The numbers below are as of last night. As of now I'm down about $10 on FTP and up $10 on Bugsy's. Hopefully I turn it all around.

Bugsy's: $278.89
FTP: $31.95

No comments: