Saturday, December 6, 2008

Airball

I logged serious hours today and I played like poop. It started last night, and I actually think it's been going on for awhile now that I think of it. I'm calling too many raises with too many hands and playing too weakly. I can call raises with a wide range of hands but I have to fire away if I think that the other person missed the flop as well. Instead, I'm just check-folding to their continuation bet like my own version of a credit line. If you need money, just raise a pot that Bret limped, he's good for a call or two before he folds.

In addition to my awful play I've taken a couple of stupid beats that just leave me absolutely baffled. An example; I have KTcc and am playing loosely because I want to go to bed (I'm drained right now). I repop a small raise up front and there's a call from the original raiser. I'm in position for the glorious Td 6c 3c flop. The dude led out and I WAY overshoved. He thought for a long time and finally called showing 4d 4s, leaving him either a running boat or the one red 4. So naturally the 4h rolls on the turn and I brick the river. Go skill. Anyway, at least I've identified a big leak that I can hopefully correct in the coming week.

I played mostly MTTs today and didn't have any significant cash. I think out of the roughly 15 total MTTs that I played I only monied twice, which is awful. At least I identified a big problem so I will fix it and my results should improve. Now I'm just rambling because my brain is mush. Good night.

Bugsy's: $264.54
FTP: $7.42
Stars: $15.16

No comments: