Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Quick Update

Virginia is out of town this week so I've been doing some serious playing. I did nothing but play MTTs on Sunday with poor results. I was playing very well, fighting out every pot as opposed to my previous raise-fold strategy that was killing me. The problem was that I was running colder than the friggin' weather right now (the wind chill has dipped as low as -27F in the last couple of days). I was crushing a $5 rebuy at Bugsy's with 38 left with 30 getting paid. I had over 400k in chips and was in the lead by about 50k. I had a 150k lead on anybody else at my table. I finished 38 after I dropped a monsterpotten with TT vs ATo on the runner runner gutterball. That left me with just 200k when I doubled up some other clown with my AJo vs 44. Now with around 110k I pushed over another raise with AKss, was called by the AQo and got killed by the 3 outer. I hate poker some times. I did end up winning a $2 MTT outright on Bugsy's for just over $50 to make my losses pretty tolerable, but I still took a hit. On Stars and FTP I was playing some small MTTs and airballed all of them. In total, I only cashed once out of the probably 10-12 MTTs that I played. I really need to improve my tourney game. I nearly felted myself on FTP and have been fighting it out in the $1 Matrix tourneys to stay afloat. I was as low as $2 but have been fighting tooth and nail to get back to where I'm at. On Stars I had run it down to just under $20 but I think either Matt or James ran it back up to just over $30. I've managed to push it back down again though. My play has improved, now I'm just waiting on the results.

Bugsy's: $224.44
FTP: $4.63
Stars: $25.76

No comments: