Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Amputee, New Mission

So I've run like an amputee the past couple of days. I lost to 5 straight 3 outers a few nights ago. It felt awesome. I've been getting in with great odds on draws and such but just blanking. It's going to happen, but I wish it didn't pile up like it seems to. Either you hit everything or miss everything, nothing in moderation. Despite the horribleness I'm minimizing my losses which is good.

I've also taken on a new venture. Well, the same venture with a different starting point. My friend Matt makes a living playing online. He won't be on TV any time soon but he does pretty well. Except on PokerStars. He HATES Stars. Every time he plays there something horrible happens. He recently put $500 on to get things going, but if it tells you anything he left me $22.07 to do with what I please. So now I'll be trying to climb to $10k on 2 different sites. The thing I like about Stars is that they have some different games: 5 card draw, 2-7 single and triple draw, and some games I've never heard of. I hit up the $.10/$.20 limit 2-7 triple draw tonight and made a nice little killing. I'll probably continue to play that for awhile and scope out some tiny little $1 tourneys if they have them. Okay, my house is so cold my hands are numb and it's hard to type. Time to go bury myself in the covers and dream of lava and nuclear explosions and blast furnaces, etc.

Bugsy's: $283.84
FTP: $14.37
PS: $29.01

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great project you have going at PokerStars. I had a similar project once at Everest Poker involving a short stack strategy approach to building a bankroll. I was actually doing alright until I lost interest and spent my entire bankroll on a buyin to an expensive tournament. On a side note I have recently started an online poker article database, where we have a special category for Poker Projects. I would love to post some of you project updates here. You can check out my site at www.pokerbankrollblog.com and if you're interested drop me a line at pokerbrb@gmail.com. If not, maybe we could do some link exchange.

Best Regards

Mark