Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hell or High Water

I said I was playing yesterday no matter what and I did. One match. I won it though, which was nice. I played a guy who just couldn't hang. I came out of the gate super-aggro as usual, raising every hand on the button regardless. I was also continuing on every flop, so he was having a hard time adjusting. After a couple of rounds of this, he started calling my flop bets. I'd check it down as would he no matter what he had and he brought it back to even. When we were near even, I took a dumb stab at the first pot that he had bet at and was down to around 1100 in chips. Then he decided to get aggressive, except he was terrible at it. He was raising preflop every single hand and leading out at the flop, but he was oblivious to traps. I was tired so I was a little looser preflop than normal and shoved over top of his raises with any hand that I would've raised with myself. He pitched several of these and I had one big trap and was back to even. He didn't let off the gas though and after a few folds I peeled another big pot to put him down to just above 1k. I got dealt AQhh and knew how to play it. I raised pot on the button, he shoved and I beat him in the pot. He showed a spooky 97dd. The flop brought an A and one diamond, the turn gave me sweat with another diamond, but the river blanked and I went to sleep because I was exhausted.

It sucks that I'm already getting off of my bankroll schedule after one week. I know that I have a valid excuse, but I really want to crack down and play. I think after I get the shower curtain/wall fixed and the pink room painted in our new house, I'll have a lot more time as the other projects are not necessities. At least I hope. I'll sneak in matches and short sessions here and there though, so keep checking daily all one of you who read and I'll have more for you. Happy hunting.

Bugsy's: $551.44
FTP: $52.15

No comments: