Thursday, September 11, 2008

Redheaded Stepchild

I've never run so bad as I did last night. I played well. I played quite a few hands, but I was playing well. I was ditching draws when I didn't have the odds and I was making raises when it was likely that I was ahead. I was definitely playing on the aggressive side and pushing big draws. Hands like a pair and a flush draw were nearly automatic reraises. The problem was that I was blanking. And not just blanking on draws. I was kryptonite. I was bathed in kryptonite. I had a chunk up my ass. Also, I cancer too. Here's a fun one. I had 3c 3s. I called a raise and we took a 4 handed flop that brought a glorious Ac Qc 3d. I fired pot from up front and got 2 callers. The turn was a 7. I fired pot again and lost one but kept one. The river was another 7, boating me up. I fired the rest of my $40ish starting stack into the pot and got instacalled. The other guy showed me Q7. He apologized prefusely but it didn't give me my chips back.

I ended up 4 tabling for about 2 hours. 2 short handed NLHE ring games, 1 full ring game, and 1 full ring limit HO game. In the NLHE tables I had AA once. It held. I had KK, QQ, JJ, and TT several times. I won when people folded to me, otherwise I dropped. It was brutal overall, as you'll see when you look at the bankroll figures. I'm very proud of myself for not losing it. Believe me, I was ready to lose it, but I kept just taking a couple of deep breaths and blowing it off. I had to walk around a couple of times and sit out some hands, but I kept my head on straight. So I'm ditching the schedule which I was nowhere near anyway. However, the experiment is still on as I haven't managed to brutally murder my FTP bankroll yet.

Bugsy's: $380.89
FTP: $27.05

No comments: