Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Worthless

I'm nearly to the point where I need a break from poker. I'm knee-deep in garbage play and there's nothing I can do to stop it, so it might just be time to peace out for a month. I've tried to shift my playing style to adapt to the type of inbred players that I'm up against lately and it has thrown me off of my game. Aggression doesn't work when the other person only comes loaded with new and improved "All In" action, and trapping doesn't work when you're running on a cold streak of flips and draws. Here are a few examples from tonight:

I have 32o in the BB and we limp. Flop comes Q32. I bet, he raises AI, I call. He shows AQ. Turn A, river A. Go him.

I have K6o. Flop AK2. I get in bad and get saved with a 6 on the turn vs his A3. Then the river 3 sinks me.

Against a guy that had been shoving every hand I get A9hh. He shoves, I call. He shows Q3o. Flop QQ2, turn Q.

My J7o vs 83cc. Flop A74 with 2 clubs. He bets, I raise, he calls. Turn 5. I bet he calls. River 6 no club. He puts me in. I call the hand in the chat window (actually, I said 82cc) and then proceed to call because I'm starting to dump chips because I don't believe that I can't lose every single time.

I did finally win a flip today for the first time in a week or two. I had QTdd vs 88. Of course I had serious sweat because he had the 8s and my turn Q was the 3rd spade on the board, but I actually faded a flush draw. I lost the other 3 flips I was in today.

I apologize that the blog has become whiny. Or, actually, started out whiny. I really enjoy discussing hand strategy and such and recapping hands, but there's no way that I can recap a hand like "I had KK on a flop of 259 rainbow, led at it, the dude shoved in, I called and he had 68o and hit a 7." There's no strategy there to discuss. Things happened the way I wanted them to minus the end result. I promise to blog about the very next hand that I'm involved in where actual skill is involved, but don't hold your breath.

I might shift my FTP strategy to the 90 person double stack SnGs. I'm 2 for 3 moneying in them, and I won the second one I played. Further, with my remaining bankroll I can play 19 more of them. If I win one it's a $22 payday which would nearly double my roll right now. The rake is steep, but I think it's a better idea than trying to hit up some ring games. That's all for now, time for bed.

Bugsy's: $375.79
FTP: $24.20

No comments: